November Favorites

This post contains commissionable links.



Happy Fridayyy! It's also November favorites day! I just love it when favorites posts fall on a Friday because they're some of my very favorite posts to write and to read.

    1. Red bag: Burgundy is my FAVORITE color, and for years I basically only carried burgundy bags. It may seem like they'd be more of a statement piece, but they're surprisingly wearable, especially in the fall and winter when the overall color palette tends to be more muted when it comes to fashion. I saw a girl on TikTok recently say that "cherry cola" bags are trending right now and I was so happy to see that! This crossbody is my very favorite, and has been my go-to for several years now (I take the logo hang tag off because I feel it cheapens the bag). I have it in black, camel, and this burgundy color.
    2. Cherry nail shades: Both of my nail shades this month have cherry-related names, so I wanted to include them together! The first one is my longest go-to: OPI Black Cherry Chutney. It's a deep maroon with a subtle frosty shimmer. The second shade is OPI Chick Flick Cherry which is the PERFECT deep red, especially for the holidays!
    3. Sparkle headband: I love anything sparkly, especially around the holidays, and this headband is so pretty! It's most beautiful in person, super sparkly and doesn't have any loose glitter or anything that catches on your hair.
    4. Jack Black gift set: Jack Black lip balms are some of my favorites because they're relatively inexpensive (in the grand scheme of lip balms stocked in places like Sephora) and they have SPF 25. I like buying their sets because they're a better deal, and they often include exclusive flavors like this one does! In this set, I'd never seen the passion fruit, watermelon, or black cherry flavors before but they're all yummy smelling.
    5. Queen Cosmetics gloss in "Moon Stone": My first and only TikTok shop purchase has been this diamond shimmer gloss in the shade "Moon Stone." I constantly see the brand's videos, and I am a sucker for glitter lip gloss. I think I would like their new shade Astral Projection even more, so it's on my wish list!
    6. Amazon turtleneck sweater: I've mentioned time and time again that one of my most-worn wardrobe staples in fall and winter is a slim turtleneck for layering. I got a few of this one from Amazon last year and they're the perfect fit and thinness, plus the neck doesn't come up super high so they're not uncomfortable around your throat.
    7. IQBAR: I'm always looking for a new bar to keep on hand for snacks, and I've really liked these this month! Surprisingly, banana nut has been my favorite flavor - I normally wouldn't have tried that but we had them at my office so I did! I've tried all of the flavors and my other favorite is peanut butter chip. I thought I would like the blueberry/lemon blueberry ones, but I don't like those at ALL haha.
    8. Digital scale: I got this for Kenny a couple of years ago for him to weigh packages before shipping them, but I've ended up moving it to the kitchen to use as a food scale! It's super helpful to use with recipes that list ingredient amounts by weight rather than volume.
    9. Christmas cookie sweatshirt: I am THE official cookie baker in my family, and I thought this sweatshirt was too cute not to get. 😂 I got it in the hunter green shade with white letters and it's perfect! I also linked a bunch of other super cute options here.
    10. Bread recipe: My brother's girlfriend made this bread for us and it is SO good! I asked her for the recipe, and it's from a TikTok! If you're like me and don't always have success with bread, then this recipe is for you! It only has a few ingredients and doesn't require any kneading, it just has a long proof time which is the secret in this case. It makes the perfect crusty loaf and is SO delicious! Another great bread tip that I also learned on TikTok for rejuvenating crusty bread like this is that you can splash it with water and re-bake it for several minutes and it will make the outside crusty and the inside soft again! I learned this tip kind of by accident because I didn't have time to let my bread fully cool before going to bed the first time I made it, so it got steamed and the crust got soft. I re-baked it for 5-10 minutes and the crust was completely resurrected!
    11. Taco Bell: Have you all ever heard of this exclusive, 5 star restaurant? 😂 I have been majorly into Taco Bell recently because Kenny and I have been on the road a lot, and it's an easy place to stop for cheap vegetarian options. They still have a dollar menu, which in 2023 is so rare! I had never tried the spicy potato soft taco until recently but it is SO good!! My go-to order lately has been one of those, and one of the cheesy bean and rice burritos. Literally $2.25 after tax!!
    12. Watching: I watched a few good things this month! I've been rewatching Gossip Girl on Max which I do once a year as my fall/winter comfort show, so that's nothing new but still a fave. I ate up the drama and crazy outfits in the newest Selling Sunset season just as I always do! Also on Netflix, Kenny and I watched the movie Pain Hustlers and really enjoyed it! It's acted well and has some big names, including Emily Blunt, Chris Evans, and Catherine O'Hara. In theaters, we saw The Holdovers and it was so cute! I love Paul Giamatti, so him being in it was a plus. We also just finished the Love Has Won documentary on Max and WHOA those people are... something. Lastly, one of the WORST things I have ever watched but 100% recommend if you're a Nathan Fielder fan has been The Curse - Kenny and I subscribed to Paramount+ just to watch it, and it has been hands-down the most cringeworthy thing I have ever seen... like OH MY GOSH...

I hope you have a fabulous weekend! I have a low-key one ahead of me, I plan on doing some cooking and wrapping Christmas gifts, and other than that I don't really have any plans! My friend recommended the movie The Out-Laws on Netflix, so I may watch that tonight!

xoxx, Laura

No comments