My Favorite Breakfast Sandwich


As we get deeper into one of the busiest times of year, it's nice to have parts your daily routine that you don't have to think about. For me, a major thing is planning meals so that when it's time to eat I have everything ready to make something easy rather than going on a snack bender (although let's be honest, I do that too). I know to some people, "easy" shouldn't require cooking, especially when it comes to breakfast, but this sandwich doesn't take long and I promise the extra time spent frying up an egg is worth it!

I'm not getting any calls about my food styling and photography skills 😂 but just trust me, this sandwich is the best!

Makes one sandwich, duplicate as needed.

Ingredients: 

  • 1 English muffin
  • Avocado, mashed (about 1/4 of one)
  • Mayo, to taste
  • 1 egg
  • Breakfast sausage patty of choice (I like the Morningstar ones)
  • Butter (enough to cook your egg and sausage, about 1T)
  • Shredded cheese
  • Sliced tomato 
  • Salt, pepper, garlic powder
  • Sriracha


Directions:

  1. Toast your English muffin. Once it's done, mash avocado on one side (season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder) and spread some mayo on the other side.
  2. Prepare the egg to your liking (if you're making it my way, that's fried in butter over hard with crispy edges!)  and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. When you flip the egg, add some shredded cheese and allow it to melt. 
  3. While your egg is cooking, prepare your breakfast sausage. 
  4. Once your egg and sausage are done, add them to your prepared English muffin and top with tomato slices and sriracha to taste. I like sticking a toothpick thorough the middle so it stays together better!


I hope you're having a great week! Amazingly, today is my last day of work until the new year - can you believe that?! I am incredibly lucky to get so much time off with the job that I have, and I make sure to enjoy every minute of it! I have a lot to get accomplished between now and Sunday, so I am very grateful for the time off!

xoxx, Laura

No comments