9 Favorite Recipes Lately

I always love to see what others are cooking and I'm always on the lookout for new recipes to try, so today I'm sharing some of the recipes I've been making on repeat lately! Lots of yummy summer lunch and dinner inspo on the list, some of which are tried and true and others are new to me!

Image via Barefoot Contessa

1. Orzo with roasted vegetables: When asked the classic icebreaker question "who is someone living or dead who you would like to have dinner with?" my answer is always Ina Garten! I just love her, and I would request that we also MAKE dinner together in that scenario. 😂 This is my most-made Ina recipe, I always make it at least a couple of times during the summer. It makes a great lunch, and it's always a hit at potlucks.

Image via Well Plated

2. Crunchy Asian cabbage salad: This salad is such a nice switchup from the usual! I added some vegan chicken and avocado, and I used the Newman's Own Sesame Ginger dressing instead of making my own to make it easier.


3. Avocado basil pasta sauce: If you're a regular at Shenandoah Sugar, then you'll recognize this as one of my own recipes! I love making this during the summertime when there's plenty of fresh basil - it's a really great fresh yet comforting summer dimmer. Use it on your choice of pasta, or you could even serve it over sauteed squash for something lighter!

Image via XO and So

4. Cottage cheese pasta sauce: I am very much subscribed to the current cottage cheese craze - I saw someone on Instagram post a cottage cheese pasta sauce recipe and I had to try it! It's basically cottage cheese blended into marinara with some other seasonings, and it gets my stamp of approval! It's a great healthier option for a creamy tomato sauce.

Image via Simple Veganista

5. Chickpea "tuna" salad: I used to eat tuna salad sandwiches all the time, and I've missed them since becoming vegetarian! Katerina Seigel posted this recipe on Instagram and I knew I had to try it - I also add some diced dill pickles because that's what I always used to love doing with tuna salad and it's SO yummy - you could also use pickle juice in place of the lemon juice that the recipe calls for. It's perfect on a sandwich, but also really yummy on crackers or cucumber slices.

Image via Easy Cheesy Vegetarian

6. Lentil bake: This recipe is not glamorous in any way, but gosh it is yummy! It's basically a casserole made of lentils, rice, and a ton of veggies so it's super comforting and nourishing. I like serving it with a side salad.

Image via Two Plaid Aprons

7. Mayak eggs: I've seen people post about soy marinated eggs for a while, and it was always something I knew I'd love. I finally tried them out a couple of weeks ago and they are SO good! One thing that's nice about the recipe is that you can reuse the marinade for a week or so, so you can get more than six eggs out of it which is what a "batch" is for this particular recipe.

Image via Agent Nateur

8. Miami chic salad: This salad is a go-to office lunch for me. I love the artichoke hearts (they're an underappreciated salad ingredient!) and the castelvetrano olives are my favorite part! I typically mix in kale too to give it more volume, and I love to use the Bolthouse Farms creamy Caesar dressing on it, and I sometimes add some diced avocado too.


9. Sea breeze: Last but not least, my favorite easy summer cocktail! It's only three ingredients and you can use them in whatever ratio you like, but the recipe linked is my personal favorite mixture. 😎 Cheers!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments