Still Summer... 🌞

Dress (similar, similar) | Belt | Shoes (similar) | Similar bag | Sunglasses | Necklaces



I know we're nearing the end of August, but it's still summer! Even if you're past ready to transition to fall, you'll be finding pieces of summer over here for the next few weeks. 😉 I can never let it go!


With that being said, today I'm sharing a summer outfit featuring a really great shirt dress. It gives me poolside cabana vibes and comes with a tie belt, but I styled it here with my favorite raffia belt. It's super pricey for what it is (I got mine for like 80% off on Poshmark...) but don't faint - I found an amazing look for less option that's currently on sale 65% off and fully stocked!


As you can see, I am still perpetually wearing my favorite accessories of summer - my raffia belt and candy necklaces! They go with just about anything, as you know if you're a regular viewer of my outfit posts. 😂


Sooo let's talk about this whole summer vs. fall debate that we all take sides on this time of year... Who else is Team Summer with me?? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE fall, but I love summer more so I have to share some points to support my opinion... First: I'm of the belief that it being 95 degrees is way less miserable than it being 25 degrees - neither is ideal, but I can last way longer out in the heat than the freezing cold. Second: as a fashion lover, I think it's so much more fun to dress in the warm months than in the cold months - there's so much more variety, and more color - I get so tired of dark colors in the fall and winter! Third (and potentially MOST importantly): we get SO much more daylight in the summertime! Like, almost four hours more when you consider it getting dark around 9:00pm on the summer solstice vs. around 5:00 on the winter solstice - and the TIME CHANGE in the fall?? One extra hour of sleep is NOT worth it! Anyway, all that being said, I'm sticking with my decision to enjoy every last minute of fall before transitioning my mindset to fall on September 23rd. 😎



Speaking of it still being summer, there are still county fairs going on! Kenny and I are going to the Shenandoah County Fair tonight which we've never been to - I'm a Rockingham County Fair girl, but I'm excited to visit a new (to me) one! We tried to go on a whim on my birthday last week because we went to dinner nearby and saw that they had signs up for the fair so we thought it was happening then, but we showed up to a dark fairgrounds. 😂 Round two tonight!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:


This post contains commissionable links.

No comments