Welcome to Shenandoah Sugar!

Alyssa Faith Photography
Welcome to Shenandoah Sugar! My name is Laura and I'm a 24-year-old Virginia native. I graduated from James Madison University in 2017 where I met my best friend and fiance, Kenny! My obsessions include baking (sugar, hello!), kittens, mini skirts, trying new restaurants, tiny things, and temperatures in the 80's (it's flurrying and 28° with a wind chill of 15° as I'm writing this, ouch!)

I have been reading blogs religiously for about eight years now, and I've wanted to start one for about that long! I drafted my first blog post sometime in 2015, but never got the guts to share it with anyone. Back when I wrote that post, I originally wanted to call my blog "Southern Sugar," until I figured out that there's actually a bakery in North Carolina with that name (that makes the most STUNNING royal icing cookies). So, I changed the name to "Shenandoah Sugar," which actually suits me even better. I was born and raised in the gorgeous Shenandoah Valley, and I'm actually among the eighth generation of my family from the valley, so it will always be my in my blood. The "sugar" part of the name stems from my love for baking and massive sweet tooth (my favorite food is pound cake), and I also just think it's a cute way to address someone. The first blogs I started loving were baking blogs, and they're still some of my very favorites. 

I have had this domain for about a year now, but I told myself that in 2019 I would finally start posting. I plan on posting mostly about my everyday life and what I'm loving, primarily fashion, recipes, and trips. I'm so excited to get started on my very own blog after all this time!

More goodness is coming soon... In the meantime, let me figure this platform out!

No comments