Spring Haul

Happy Monday, I hope you had a good weekend! Kenny and I spent Saturday in Richmond running around, we went to some of his favorite shoe stores and I got to nose around the adorable Quirk Hotel downtown. We did some shopping and ended the night as we ALWAYS do at Cheesecake Factory, yum! We had a lowkey day yesterday, we slept in and then spent some time walking around the arboretum and taking some photos. Then Kenny took a nap and worked on cleaning up some shoes and I stayed up to watch the ACM awards. I don't usually agree with their choices, but it's always fun to watch!

Spring has FINALLY arrived in Virginia (knock on wood, we have still been having some super cold nights and mornings this past week) and I am SO ready to start dressing accordingly! Don't get me wrong, I love sweaters and layers for winter, but  I'm so tired of all my winter clothes! I'm ready to start wearing more spring colors, sandals, and dresses! Today I'm sharing some pieces I've picked up recently for spring, and I circled all of the ones I've done a featured post about (or have one coming up soon! 😉)

Previous posts: Raffia Sandals | Citrus Print | Button Front Dresses
Palm Print | Paperbag Waist | Resin Earrings | Panama Hats
  1. Lavender Sweater: The winter-to-spring is the hardest seasonal transition for me, a) because spring is my least favorite season (don't come for me), and b) because it's so hard to dress for! This past week, we had nighttime lows in the 20's, and daytime highs in the 60's. So during the springtime transitional period, colorful sweaters are a must for me. This one is on the chunkier side, but has a sliiightly loose knit, so it's still good for springtime. PLUS it's lavender, which is my favorite color for spring!
  2. Woven Sandals: After posting my raffia sandals trend spotlight, I finally found the perfect pair! Originally I ordered this pair which was SO cute, but unfortunately the straps were way too large. Then I found this pair, and they're perfect and SUCH a great price point. I love two-strap slide sandals, makes them the tiniest bit dressier. They also come in a really adorable cork material.
  3. Cat Eye Sunglasses: I've been after a pair of tortoiseshell sunglasses for a while now; I tried a Quay pair, but SADLY they were too big for my [pin]head. I've been lusting after a pair of the Celine Catherine frames ever since I fell in love with the Tildas a few years ago, but I wanted to dip my foot in with a lower-end pair before making the splurge. This pair is by no means a dupe for the Catherines, but it has the same look for a TINY FRACTION of the price. I'm a big supporter of high-end sunglasses because you truly can't beat the quality, but there are a ton of good inexpensive styles out there that are great for trying out a trend.  
  4. Citrus Scarf: This was just one of those things that I saw and HAD to have. I adore anything citrus print, and pretty much can't resist it. I definitely didn't need another satin scarf, but for $10 I justified it.
  5. Black Button Front Dress: There was a Topshop dress similar to this last season that I LOVED but didn't get because I thought I would get over it. WELL I didn't, so I ordered this one (on sale!) and can't wait to start wearing it! I think it'd look great out to dinner with friends with gold jewelry and black heeled sandals, or in a more casual setting with a jean jacket, slide sandals, and my panama hat.
  6. Headband: Scarf headbands have been back for a while now, and the "pre-tied" ones are so easy for a bad hair day. This one was kind of an impulse buy, but I've already worn it with paperbag pants and a white sweater and really liked the look.
  7. Pleated Palm Skirt: Unfortunately this skirt is sold out in the palm print, but I still LOVE the pleated midi skirt look. Six months ago I wouldn't have been caught dead in a midi-length dress or skirt because I don't think they're the most flattering on me, but here I am! Never say never when it comes to fashion. 
  8. Stripe Swimsuit: I was DYING for a striped swimsuit last summer but talked myself out of it because I had already splurged on a couple of others that season and really didn't need one more. HOWEVER with my impending bachelorette party in Palm Beach, I convinced myself that I MUST have this one; it'll make me look like I'm paying to stay at the Colony Hotel when really I just snuck in (please don't out me to management, I'm just a girl with an expensive dream).
  9. Paperbag Pants: They're back, people! The pants that have been ruling both the business-casual and casual-casual scenes for the past couple of years: paperbag pants. I rocked a black pair of these all last summer, so I had to get another neutral pair this season. They're great for the transitional season since they're long but still relaxed breezy.
  10. Pink Acrylic Earrings: The exact pair I got were from H&M in-store but I couldn't find them online, so this is a similar version I found. YES, I am still in love with the acrylic/resin/acetate/whateveryoucallit earrings trend! If you can find the H&M ones I would recommend those, they're even cuter than the ones linked and are only $7. 
  11. Panama Hat: This hat and I... we are in LOVE! I already did a whole post about it, I don't have to say any more... 
  12. Blue Sweater: I wanted a light blue sweater that was slouchy enough to wear with a bralette underneath, but was also still appropriate to wear to work. This one fit the bill! It's a nice material that will hold up after washing and won't pill after one wear like a lot of inexpensive sweaters do.
Have a gorgeous week!!
xoxx, Laura 

No comments